Job Title : Office Concierge for Ogopogo Tours
Job Type: Flexible Part-Time, May-November with opportunity for some off-season work
Compensation: Negotiable, depending on experience + incentives
Job Location: Based in Summerland, BC.
Hours: Vary, see below
Do you thrive on positive communication and organization? Do you want to share your ideas? Do you have an interest in (or desire to learn about) green tourism and sustainability, while working for a B Corp aligned company?
Ogopogo Tours creates the “Best tour ever!” with sustainability in mind. We guide unique tour experiences for small groups of guests seeking personalized service. We showcase the beauty, culture and history of the region while enabling fun and inclusivity for everyone. Our award-winning team was twice-voted Canada Sustainable Tour Operator of the Year. We are Canada’s first certified carbon neutral tour operator and the first Biosphere Industry in North America.
The Office Concierge is dedicated to helping our customer experiences run smoothly, from the office. This role is part-time for the upcoming tourism season, starting in April/May. Hours are flexible and include days, early evenings, weekends, holidays. For the right person, there may be part-time work over the winter.
The Job - What you’ll be doing:
- Have fun
- Organize bookings for our tour company
- Assist with the administration and basic bookkeeping of our business
- Anticipate guests needs before they know they have them
- Connect with guests via phone, text, and email
- Update social media, following our marketing plan
- Contribute ideas to grow and market our business
- Other duties as requested
What makes you an awesome fit for this job:
- Courteous, friendly, inclusive and appropriate
- You have superb written and verbal communication skills
- You are an organizational pro and have a great attention to detail
- You’re comfortable having business conversations in person, online and on the phone
- Excel at digital organization and communications
- Top notch computer & social media skills
- Additional superpowers:
- Own reliable transportation to and from Summerland
- Self-starter, flexible and adaptable
- You work well on your own and are willing to be mentored and trained
- Interested in sustainability
- Bonus skills
- Knowledge of the local wine industry
- Hospitality, office, or education experience
- Graphic design skills
- Online marketing knowledge (Google Adwords, Facebook, Instagram, Email)
If you’ve made it this far, please tell us about you. Use your stellar written communication skills and send us your cover letter and resume. Tell us why you think you’re a good fit for our small business. How do your values align with ours? What do you bring to the table that will benefit our business? What skills do you have that are transferable to this opportunity? What can this job do for you? We’re excited to hear from you and will contact qualified applicants to set up a time to chat.
Email your application to