Job Type: Flexible Part-Time, May-November with opportunity for some off-season work
Compensation: 17-20+ depending on experience, + tips, + incentives
Job Location: Based out of Summerland, BC. Tour regions vary throughout the Okanagan-Similkameen and occasionally to Vancouver.
Hours: Vary, see below
Are you a social person who enjoys having fun, entertaining and educating others? Do you like meeting new people from around the globe? Do you have an interest in (or desire to learn about) sustainable tourism and sustainability, while working for a B Corp aligned company? Do you have a "Beginner's Mind" and want to "Always Be Learning"?
Ogopogo Tours creates the “Best Tour Ever!” with sustainability in mind. We guide unique tour experiences for small groups of guests seeking personalized service. We showcase the beauty, culture and history of the region while enabling fun and inclusivity for everyone. Our award-winning team was twice-voted Canada Sustainable Tour Operator of the Year and recently named BC Tailor Made Tour Operator of the Year. We are Canada’s first certified carbon neutral tour operator and the first Biosphere Industry in North America. We offer an extensive training program.
The Tour Driver / Guide is dedicated to customer experience excellence. We are hiring full and part-time guides for the upcoming tourism season, starting in April/May. Hours are flexible and include days, early evenings, weekends, holidays, and possibly multi-day tours. For the right person, there may be part-time work over the winter.
The Job - What you’ll be doing:
- Have fun
- This is a people and a driving job. That means you’ll be safely driving guests around in a provided car or 14 passenger van to a wide range of venues. You will help them in and out of the vehicle, opening doors and offering a hand to everyone, each and every time you stop. You’ll make them laugh and educate them about the region, the wines, the history and culture.
- Greet guests with a smile and ensure every little detail is covered
- Anticipate guest needs before they know they have them
- Enter venues with guests, make introductions, and attend to their needs
- Open doors, carry wine & purchases for guests throughout the tour
- Care for the pristine vehicles including daily inspection and cleaning
- Take photos of your guests and update social media while on tour
- Be responsible for guest safety
- Other duties as requested
What makes you an awesome fit for this job:
- Class 4 Unrestricted Driver's Licence (or willing to train)
- Clean driver’s abstract and RCMP chauffeur permit
- Criminal record check including vulnerable persons check
- Courteous, friendly, inclusive and appropriate
- You tell THE BEST stories and know when to let guests to chat between themselves
- You have superb written and verbal communication skills
- You are an organizational pro and have a great attention to detail
- Physical and mental:
- Able to safely carry a 20kg case of wine, including up stairs
- Clean and detail vehicles following sustainable practices
- Work well under pressure and changing conditions
- Willingness to follow a dress code including neat, professional appearance
- Additional superpowers:
- Own reliable transportation to and from Summerland
- First Aid OFA Level 1 (or willing to train)
- Self-starter, flexible and adaptable
- You work well on your own and are willing to be mentored and trained
- Interested in sustainability
- Bonus skills:
- Storyteller of the history and culture of the Syilx/Okanagan people
- Top notch computer & social media skills
- Knowledge of the local wine industry
- Hospitality or education experience
- Photography skills
If you’ve made it this far, please tell us about you. Use your stellar written communication skills and send us your cover letter and resume. Tell us why you think you’re a good fit for our small business. How do your values align with ours? What do you bring to the table that will benefit our business? What skills do you have that are transferable to this opportunity? What can this job do for you? We’re excited to hear from you and will contact qualified applicants to set up a time to chat.
Email your application to